Thong Girl Blog

This is a blog to update all of our loyal Thong Girl fans on the making of the Thong Girl movie and the Thong Girl comic books.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Very First Blog

Hey Everybody, This is my very first blog, so please don't be too critical. I've created this blog so I can keep everyone informed as to the progress of the making of my first feature film "Thong Girl 3: Revenge Of The Dark Widow". My friends are always asking how the filming is coming and I thought this might be a good way to communicate with everyone at the same time.
This being the first in a series of many blogs, I'll keep it short and simple; we're about two-thirds of the way through shooting what's known as "principle photography", which is just a fancy way of saying the shooting of the main scenes of the film. After the principle photography is done I'll go back and get any "pick-up" shots that I need, which is another fancy way of saying anything I missed during principle photography. Then I'll get all of my "establishing shots", which are shots of buildings and locations that I'll use to establish where the scenes are taking place. Sometimes these are a good tool and sometimes they're just plain unnecessary. This is determined during the editing process. Then I'll start my post-production, which involves editing, sound effects, dialogue replacement and the all-important musical score. Then I'll watch the film all the way through about a hundred times and go back and correct any editing mistakes I can before the big premiere.
I'd like to premiere the film in January at the Belcourt Theater. The Belcourt are the sponsors for my cable access tv show "2 Guys Who Don't Know Crap About Movies". I'm hoping they'll give me a deal on the rental of the theatre. I've been spending most of my own money to make this film and I need all the help I can get! By the way, you can see "2 Guys Who Don't Know Crap About Movies" at www.fylmz. com and click on the Entertainment page. Fylmz.com is the brainchild of local filmmaker and all-around nice guy Tony Vidmer. You can also view trailers for all the new releases and create your own "talking heads" (ala Conan O'Brien). Check it out; it's a really cool site if you're a film buff.
In the coming months I'll be telling you about some of the experiences we've had making the film and also about our trips to the upcoming comic book conventions where we'll be selling our TG comic books as well as a bunch of new TG merchandise.
That's all for now but I look forward to sharing all of our Thong Girl experiences with you and I hope this blog site will also provide an outlet for you to comment on all things Thong. Take care and see you soon, Glen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home