Thong Girl Blog

This is a blog to update all of our loyal Thong Girl fans on the making of the Thong Girl movie and the Thong Girl comic books.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

goin' south

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to do some shooting with Lauren Benjamin, aka The Dark Widow. She lives in Orlando and rather than fly her back up here for one more scene I've decided to go to her to shoot her final scene. This is the scene where she's in the jacuzzi watching TV when Chaz Chernobyl cuts in and announces he's escaped from prison and he's looking for revenge on his arch enemy, Thong Girl. The Dark Widow, alias, Luwanda Capris sees a prime opportunity to get back at Thong Girl for killing her man and acquire some of the power that Mr. Bigg posessed. Even though she doesn't trust Chaz, she sees this as an opportunity to double their strength and form a dubious alliance.
This is the first time we see Luwanda/Dark Widow and I want her to give off a strong sense of power and sensuality, so I have her rising up out of the hottub, naked from the back (in silhouette) and putting on a silk robe. She walks over to the intercom phone and says to her secretary, "Get me Chaz Chernobyl" as she lights a cigar and blows a puff of smoke. So all we see of her is her bare back and an extreme close-up of her mouth saying the line. Hopefully this will introduce her as being both sexy and strong.
While I'm in Florida I'll be taking a much-deserved three-day vacation. Hopefully I'll miss the hurricanes and I'll have some nice weather. When I get back I'll be jumping right into a heavy shooting schedule. I want to shoot all of the remaining scenes (about five) in September and the first two weeks of October so I can start editing and also prepare for the Nashville ComicCon on October 21st and 22nd. We'll be premiering the new 30-page comic book and showing the trailer for TG3 at the convention. We'll also have the new TG tee shirts for sale.
Thanks for checking in with me and I'll fill you in on all the stuff that happens in Florida when I get back - providing my plane doesn't go down due to SNAKES!!! Have you seen "Snakes On A Plane" yet? This movie is AWESOME. I went in not expecting too much, because of all of the hype, but I was pleasantly surprised. The snakes were really cool and scary and the story was really pretty good. However, I would discourage anyone from going to see the movie with THEIR MOTHER! My mom was here visiting and for some ungodly reason, she said she wanted to see it. Well, there's a scene where a hot naked chick gets bit on the tit (you gotta see it to believe it) and Samuel L. Jackson cusses like Mel Gibson at a Bar Mitzvah. Probably shoulda taken mom to see "Cars" or something and saved "Snakes" for another day. But seriously, you gotta see it!
Okay, well I'm off to Florida. My plane leaves at 6am so I'm gonna hit the sack here in a few minutes. Thanks for supporting The Thong and I'll talk to you again soon. Glen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home